This event in January of 2015 is for Troops, Teams, and Crews.
Registered Scouts 14 -17 years of age may participate. The event is centered around youth led leadership, with hands on activities followed by the teaching of life lessons reinforcing the Scout Oath and Scout Law with the theme Live The Oath – Obey the Law.
Participants should prepare some Mountain Man regalia and trade goods prior the event and work as a team throughout the Rendezvous. During the first two days the teams will learn and practice skills that will be used in a competition on the morning of the last day.
Planned Events: Archery, making Jerky, Flint Knapping, Indian Flute, Black Smithing, Flint N Steel, Char Cloth, 2-Man Buck Sawing, River Crossing, Knots, Teepee building, LTO-OTL Puzzle, Black Powder Shoot’n, Knife Throwing, ‘Hawk Throwin’, Service, Tie me in knots - Rope Skills, Trading Blanket, Campfire Show, Vespers Trail, The Colter Run.
We hope that your Scouts will join the fun.
It's time to nominate our outstanding Units and Leaders for their contributions to our District, Scouting and community. Please read the categories below and start nominating. The forms need to be sent by email to me before January 10th. Awards will be presented at our annual District Dinner on Saturday, January 24th.
Chairman Thunder Wolf District
1. The district will award three District Awards of Merit to outstanding adult leaders in the district. This is the highest award an adult can receive in the district, and reflects contributions not only to units, but to the district as a whole. A leader may NOT nominate himself for this award.
2014 District Award of Merit Nomination Form (PDF)
2. Thunder Wolf Awards are an informal award from the district that recognize the contributions of leaders at either unit or district level. See the form for more details. We expect to select 6-8 adults for this recognition.
2014 Thunder Wolf Award Nomination Form (DOCX)
3. Unit Awards of Excellence. These awards recognize the outstanding units in the district that have a healthy program, and contribute significantly to the community. Units must nominate themselves for this award. The award forms are different for Packs, Troops or Crews.
2014 Pack Award of Excellence Form (DOCX)
2014 Troop Award of Excellence Form (DOCX)
2014 Crew Award of Excellence Form (DOCX)
4. Thunder Wolf Family of the Year. This award recognizes one of our active scouting families as a way to encourage family involvement in our program. The nominations are reviewed by the FOY recipients for the previous year. This year, the Hoover Family (2013 Family of the Year) will be the selection committee for this award.
2014 Family of the Year Nomination Form (DOCX)
5. Charter Partner Award. This award is intended to recognize Charter Organizations that go out of their way to support scouting.
2014 Chartered Partner Award Nomination Form (PDF)
Each Crew, Pack and Troop should make an effort to send at least one person to each roundtable every month.
The January Roundtable meetings will be held on Thursday, January 15th at First United Methodist Church at 3900 Lexington at the corner of FM 1092 (Murphy). Cub Scout Roundtable begins at 7:00 pm, Boy Scout Roundtable begins at 7:30 pm.
Come learn what you can't get on the internet.
Remember, this is also a great place to ask for ideas and help!
Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
|Dec 25||07:00AM - 09:00PM||Christmas|
|Dec 26-31||07:00AM - 05:00PM||NYLT|
|Dec 26-31||02:00PM - 09:00AM||Winter Camp|
|Jan 1- 3||10:00AM - 02:00PM||Mountain Man Rendezvous||Camp Mauritz||Register Now|
|Jan 2- 4||08:00PM - 03:00PM||IOLS||Camp Mauritz||Register Now|
|Jan 8||07:00PM - 08:00PM||District Committee Meeting|
|Jan 8||08:00PM - 08:30PM||District Commissioner Meeting|
|Jan 10||08:00AM - 02:00PM||SHAC Key Leaders Conference|
|Jan 11||03:00PM - 05:00PM||OA Chapter Meeting|
|Jan 15||07:00PM - 08:00PM||Cub Scout Roundtable|
|Jan 15||07:30PM - 08:30PM||Boy Scout Roundtable|
|Jan 17||08:00AM - 05:00PM||OA Lodge Leadership Development|
|Jan 19||?||School Holiday - MLK Day|
|Jan 24||07:00AM - 11:00AM||Scouting for Food - Door Hangers|
|Jan 24||06:30PM - 08:30PM||District Dinner||Register Now|
|Jan 31||08:00AM - 11:00AM||Scouting for Food - Collection|
|Feb 1||?||Scout Sunday|
|Feb 5||07:00PM - 08:00PM||District Committee Meeting|
|Feb 5||08:00PM - 08:30PM||District Commissioner Meeting|
|Feb 7||08:00AM - 05:00PM||University of Scouting|